Friday, May 26, 2006

Where oh where have my taste buds gone?

I am a foodie. I don't eat to live. I live to eat. And one of the things that chemo has done is to completely wipe out my taste. Blah. I just ate pizza and it tasted like glue. ::sigh:: Thankfully it's temporary, along with the other side effects like my lovely bald head. But still. Just ick. And of course it couldn't wipe out your sense of smell, too. Oh, no. Everything smells just as yummy as always, and then you taste it and it's always a shock.

Oh well. Things can always be worse, right? I truly do know this, and try to never take anything for granted.

Things I'm grateful for today...
Being alive.
My family.
My faith.
My wonderful friends (some of whom I called a writers group in my earlier post, and they are SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT TO ME. They're my sisters.)
My puppers.
Have I mentioned being alive? :)

No comments: