Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Countdown is on...

For my next chemo on Tuesday. I'm counting down the days, which I shouldn't be doing, but there you go. It's hard not to do it when I'm feeling SOOOOOOO GOOD right now, and after Tuesday I'll feel horrible for about 10 days.

My taste is really returning, too! Buh-bye, food. Oh, well.

At least I know that it'll only take about 2 weeks or so for my taste to return, my face to clear up, my fatigue to fade, my awful heartburn to go away and all of my side effects to start disappearing after my LAST chemo, which is July 18th, THANKYOUVERYMUCH! I CANNOT WAIT.

Also...DRUMROLL...PLEASE...my hair sill start growing back and won't fall out!!!! YES! No more strange looking bald lady running around my house! Now if that isn't something to look forward to, I don't know WHAT is!

I met a woman in Staters the other day (she works there) who asked me if I had breast cancer. She had it 3 years ago, the worst kind. Inflammatory Ductal Carcinoma. And she said when my hair grows back I'll stroke it like a baby kitten, and that's how SOFT it'll be! And she's 3 years cancer-free!! Woo hoo!!! She was a very sweet woman, and I'm happy that I met her.

We're planning an End Of Chemo Party for me after I'm done. A big outdoor celebration. I also can't wait for that. I just have to see how the radiation effects me, first. That'll be going on for about 6 weeks after the chemo ends.

That's about it for this beautiful Wednesday. Other than I did some writing! I reworked my first chapter a bit, and I'm pretty happy with it. I even critiqued t myself to see if there was a value change, goals thwarted and conflict. Go me! Now if I could just get off page 12 and actually start moving! I guess a little bit is better than nothing.

Things I'm grateful for today:
My faith.
Being alive.
My taste returning!
My family.
My upcoming Vegas weekend.
The Cherries, who unburdened me from drowning beneath $7500.00 in medical bills.
My doctors.
And as always, it goes without saying, my family.


7 comments:

Cherry Red said...

Michele,

You're awesome! I can't wait until you have that party. I'll bake the hugest most obnoxious cake-whatever kind you want.

Are you going to have it after the radiation or just after the chemo? What does the doc say about how radiation will be?

Have I mentioned you're awesome? Yes. Well, you are.

I love you,
Kim:)

Michele said...

Awwww, shucks, thanks! I'm probably going to have it in August, while the radiation is going on, because I don't think it'll be done until mid sept.

The doctor hasn't said how the radiation will effect me, I'll be going to a different group for that. He's the chemo guy. But from what I've heard it makes you pretty tired, and also gives you like a sunburned appearance. And some people's boobs shrink and get hard. Ick. My tiny boobs can't take any shrinkage! But you know what? Whatever happens, it can't be worse than chemo.

And YES, make that huuuuge cake! And we're drinking Margarita's!

And all Ca Cherries will be invited!

dee said...

Just the CA Cherries? Now that just sucks. And here I was all excited for a party! (j/k)
When you have that party, the rest of us stuck outside the borders of CA will expect lots of PICTURES up on your blog. Put someone in charge of photography, and Kim in charge of keeping your margarita glass full at all times.
So very glad that you're doing so well!!
hugs,
dee

dee said...

Michele, Kim told me you wanted to find all of your lost comments. I posted an answer to her in my comments, then thought "Why not just post it on Michele's blog, silly?" So here you are.
Here's what I did, and it worked out ok.
Go into "Settings" and choose "Enable Comment Moderation - YES". You'll have to re-publish after that. Then go to your "Posting" page. You should see a tab that says "Moderate Comments". If you click that, you should be able to see all of your comments that haven't already been put on the site. You can select which ones you wants to show up (I just hit "all") and then it's done.
Also, if you has any questions, this page explains it http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=1220

Hope this helps!!

dee

Kel~ said...

You are going to have an absolute blast in Vegas. Dee and I did. It was the perfect weekend getaway. I think I can say for both of us that we recommend the Margaritaville for a great live band and her margaritas and me strawberry daquiris. Love to you!

Michele said...

Thanks for the info, Dee!!! And thanks again for the luminaria! Although I probably spelled that wrong! I thanked you on your blog, but it was an old post, so not sure if you saw it.

Also, I can't wait to go to Vegas! Me and hubby LOVE IT THERE. We went for his birthday a few years back, and then again for the superbowl and THAT was a blast.

I REALLY need a break, even if it's only Sunday to Monday.

And Dee, of course you can come to my End of Chemo party! You, too, Kel! The more the merry! I'll gladly make margarita's! But they'll be raspberry! Yuuuum!

Michele, who is counting down the hours till Sunday...tick, tick, tick...

dee said...

I'll gladly make margarita's! But they'll be raspberry! Yuuuum!
This reminds me of last Sunday, when I was out with my friends in Richmond. They were ordering lemon drops, and the bartender suggested making them with Raspberry vodka. Do you know what my friend Dana said? Kel does. Dana said, "Yeah, bring me that. Screw those Cherry b*tches". Ok, she WAS laughing when she said it. But still... I think she may be just a little over me and all my Cherry stuff. Luckily, I have Kel, who so wonderfully buys me Cherry stuff all the time.
And Michele, you are more than welcome, and I did see that comment from you. Also, regretfully, I think I may be in Puerto Rico when you have your party. Shane has a trip down there, and I'm trying to work it to go with him. I'll still be toasting you though!