Thursday, May 25, 2006

Vegas or bust, baby!...

First I have to say that yesterday I had my first red blood count booster because I'm anemic now, due to chemo (and have been feeling like death!) and today I feel GREAT for the first time in over a week! I have energy! Energy! I almost forgot what that felt like! Wooo woooo!

And now onto Vegas! One of my all time favorite places, and only 4 hours from home. Me and John are going next Sunday, because if I don't get away for at least a day, I will probably lose my mind. I was first thinking Julian, which I've been longing to go to. It's a quaint little town in the mountains near San Diego. I thought I'd found a great deal on a hotel for only $77.00 for Sunday night. That's all we're staying for, one night. But then I found $44.00 at the Stratosphere in Vegas! Ummm....can you say no brainer? At least for us. Julian doesn't give free alcohol! Another reason I love Vegas. I sit at the slots and barely put any money in, and drink Kahlua and cream. Yumm. And John usually plays $1 blackjack, but now he's become obsessed with Texas Hold 'Em, so that's where he'll be. And luckily our hotel has one of the cheapest poker rooms.

So...for next to nothing I can get away for 24 hours or more, relax and just forget about everything for a while. YEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!

The last time we went away was the weekend of my diagnosis, when John surprised me with a trip to Monterey and Carmel. What an AWESOME weekend we had. I cried a lot, and laughed a lot, and had an amazing time. And I expect Vegas to be just as wonderful.

Thursday is a VERY, VERY, GOOD day! :)


3 comments:

dee said...

You didn't tell us how your trip to Vegas was.
We want DETAILS, Michele!!

Cherry Red said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cherry Red said...

The trip to Vegas is next weekend, Dee.

Can't believe what a bargain you got, Michele. I'm ready to go to Vegas myself for $44 a night!