Sunday, September 24, 2006

Thirteen to go!...

I only have 13 more radiation treatments left!!! So far I haven't really had any side effects, which is good. It is waaaay easier and way better than the chemo.

I do have to start my Tamoxifen, which I'm not all that excited about. Two of it's worst side effects are Endometrial Cancer and Uterine Cancer. Because my tumor was estrogen receptive, I have to take it to block my estrogen. And I have to take it for 5 years! It's supposed to be very effective at preventing a reoccurance.

The most common side effect of Tamoxifen is HOT FLASHES! Ugh. No more hot flashes puuhhleeeeze!

2 comments:

Cherry Red said...

No MORE HOT FLASHES! This'll be my forever prayer. Only 13 to go, though, huh? That's amazing and wonderful!

Hugs,
Kim

Chari-Dee said...

13 left!!! Let the Countdown Begin!! I am so happy for you!! And I'll start the NO MORE HOT FLASHES chant right now!